Minutes of September 12, 2012 Board Meeting,
8:00 p.m. at the home of Tina Blum
Present: Joe Bergen, Tina Blum, Chari Gilmore, and Trang Tran
· Majority of the meeting was spent finalizing details and prep for the 2012 annual party on September 15.
· Annual meeting will be Saturday, November 10 at 10:00am at the pool. The Board is working with Cardinal on having the below documents distributed prior to the meeting for review by the residents:
· Notice of Meeting
· Board Member Nominations
· Reserve Study
· Insurance Coverage of SMHOA
· Due to the rising costs of products and services to maintain the Mesa, the Board voted to raise monthly dues by $5. Last time the dues were increased was three years ago when it was raised $5/month.
· Board approved by vote the 2013 Budget.
· Maintenance Report
· Light installed at the shallow end of the pool, near the culvert. The light was purchased some time ago to match the others in the area.
· Additional light at the basketball court will be installed. All lights controlled by timers.
· Testing continues on a variety of materials to repair cracks in the culverts before they result in more costly damage.
· The next Board meeting is intended for Tuesday, October 23 at 8pm at the home of Tina Blum.
Mesa business that occurred between the August and September Board meetings.
· The water fountain continues to be damaged by the inclusion of sand. Please do not wash off anything sandy in the fountain or we may lose the convenience of having a fresh water source next to the tennis and basketball courts.
· Once again we are having an issue with owners not picking up after their dogs in both the common areas (which includes the parks and the green spaces) as well as on neighbors front lawns. I firmly believe the vast majority of the Mesa residents are very responsible pet owners and those ignoring the courtesy and safety of maintaining a healthy environment free of waste may be visitors to the neighborhood. Certainly our parks and green spaces are an attraction to many neighboring pet owners. If you have the opportunity, please remind any transgressor you see to help us maintain the very assets they seek out for their pets.