Minutes of August 22, 2012 Board Meeting,
8:00 p.m. at the home of Tina Blum
Present: Joe Bergen, Tina Blum, Chari Gilmore, <redacated> and Trang Tran
· The Board agreed on a caterer and costs for the annual homeowner’s party on September 15. Several Board members are donating goods including adult beverages, desserts, and a piñata for the kids.
· Reviewed and approved a revised draft proposal of the roofing material policy which will be distributed to residents under separate cover.
· Reviewed and approved the Treasurer’s statement
· Proposed a date for the Annual Homeowner’s meeting. In order to save the $600+ needed to rent the Country Club space, the Board proposes the meeting be held on the morning of Saturday, November 10 at the Mesa pool. This will hopefully make it more convenient for residents to attend.
· Drafting a 2013 budget to present at the annual meeting. Board will vote on the budget at the September meeting.
· Conducting an annual reserve study that will be distributed.
· Maintenance Report
· Various products are being tested to mend the cracks in the culverts to determine effectiveness, durability and cost.
· Tennis Court: Renovation projected to be completed by September 2.
· Putting Green: Board considered and voted down a proposal to install an artificial putting green in the park.
· The grounds crew will begin killing the grass in the putting green the week of August 27 in anticipation of new sod.
· Approved the installation of a light at the shallow end of the pool, near the culvert. The light was purchased some time ago to match the others in the area.
· Board voted not to pursue the concept of installing cell towers on Lot 93.
· Approved the installation of a fence at 229 Mariners View Lane to replace the diseased oleander bushes on the homeowner’s property adjacent to the Starlane path to the pool.
· The next Board meeting is intended for Wednesday, September 12 at 8pm at the home of Tina Blum.
Mesa business that occurred between the July and August Board meetings.
· Board approved on August 1 external changes to the home at 224 Starlight Crest Drive including replacing the cedar exterior with brick to match the existing masonry.