STARLIGHT MESA HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION
Minutes of May 30, 2012 Board Meeting,
8:00 p.m. at the home of Tina Blum
Present: Joe Bergen, Tina Blum, Chari Gilmore, <redacated> and Trang Tran
Resident Attendees: Murlene Horne, Carole Kolla and Tanya Zimmerman
· Murlene Horne, Carole Kolla and Tanya Zimmerman expressed their concerns with the increasing number of parties in Mesa common areas. After meeting fact: At the time of the meeting there were seven parties scheduled for June 2012. In June of 2011, 16 parties were held.
· Board discussed the continued after-hour use of Mesa common areas. The Board clarified the hours of usage as such:
· Pool: Dawn to 9pm
· Basketball Court: 8:00a.m. - 9:00p.m.
· Tennis Court: 8:00a.m. – 9:00p.m.
Any use of these facilities after hours are subject to Mesa fines and well as prosecution for trespassing. Any residents bothered by after-hours use are urged to call the La Crescenta Sheriff at 818-248-3464 to report trespassing. The address for the pool/courts is 282 Starlane Drive, across from 300 Starlane (yes, unusual two even numbered addresses are on opposite sides of the street).
· After review of the material and costs, as well as a site visit on May 31, the Board voted to replace the old swings and climbing dome with a new playground structure in the park at the corner of Starlight Crest Drive and Starlight Mesa Lane. Installation is TBD as the board organizes final details including firm commitments from homeowner volunteers to help with the build…like a good old-fashion barn raising.
· Reviewed the costs for resurfacing the tennis court and replacing the chain link fence and windscreen. Board did not vote on a decision.
· Tabled repair of the putting green pathway and picnic table patio until possibly next quarter for quarterly cash flow reasons.
· Maintenance Report
Board Approved the following repairs and upgrades which are covered in the budget.
o Annual brush clearance. Areas include all hillsides in the canyon between Starlane and Starlight Mesa Lane; the hillside of upper Stardust; and all along lower Stardust and Lot 93.
o Purchase of six new chaise with arms.
o Water main replacement at top of hill above pool entrance.
o Replacement of damaged umbrella frame and canopy.
o Power-wash of the pool deck.
· Reviewed and approved Treasurer’s report.
· The next Board meeting is intended for Thursday, June 28 at 8pm at the home of Tina Blum.
Mesa business that occurred between the April and May Board meetings.
· A Mesa resident called to complain of residents not stopping at the new stop sign at Starlight Crest Drive and Starlane. Although one would think the law would be enough reason to stop, please remember the sign was installed at the bequest of a large majority of the residents for the safety of the neighbors. Please help keep the neighborhood safe.
· Due to the increased number of home burglaries in La Canada – including one of our own homeowners on Stardust – the La Crescenta Sherrif’s office is offering to provide safety tips. If a large number of residents are interested, I can look into setting up a Mesa meeting. Let me know.
Chari Gilmore, Secretary