Minutes of the
Starlight Mesa Homeowners’ Association
Board of Governors’ Meeting
October 15, 2007
At the home of Dayton Jones
Present: Charles Berryman
1. Minutes from September 17th meeting were approved.
2. Board members signed the 2008 contract for SMG services.
3. Plans for the annual meeting on November 13 at La Canada Country Club were discussed. Muriel was asked to ascertain the number of attendees so Christian could inform the club as to refreshment requirements. Although not a voting member of Starlight Mesa, it was agreed to invite tenant Jean Mounier to attend the annual meeting.
4. The new Mesa directories are ready and Muriel will deliver to each home.
--Joe planted rosemary at the Mesa entrance which will eventually trail over the wall
--a leak in the sprinkler system at the park will be repaired when Jose returns
-- Joe reported on culvert problems, broken concrete, a major hole, and sections undermined, on Lot #93, and repair estimates from two contractors that ranged from $3,000 to $11,700 for one project. Unable to choose between the different methods proposed by the two contractors, (either fill the hole with concrete, or remove and rebuild the 50' downward section, and then back fill with existing dirt and compact) we asked Joe to contact soil engineers or geologists for advice.
6. In view of these unexpected expenses and to boost our Reserve Fund, the Board voted to increase dues $50 per quarter effective January 1, 2008.
7. When we know the exact culvert repair cost, Charles will write a letter to all residents explaining the dues increase.