STARLIGHT MESA HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION
Minutes of January 26, 2012 Board Meeting,
8:00 p.m. at the home of Tina Blum
Present: Joe Bergen, Tina Blum, Chari Gilmore, <redacated> and Trang Tran
· The Minutes from the December 15, 2011 Board meeting were approved.
· Trang confirmed that Mesa resident (30168) has paid in full all outstanding Association dues, late penalties and collection fees.
· Bob and Tina Blum presented a request for the Board’s approval of new roofing material for a total roof replacement due to damage from the winds. The Board’s approval of repairs and improvements to the exterior of residents’ homes are covered under Article X of the CC&Rs. The Board’s intent is to maintain the upscale aesthetics of the neighborhood. The approval was postponed while alternative material and La Canada’s related ordinances are researched.
· Mesa resident (#30185) dropped by to provide proof of canceled checks to refute outstanding payments claim carried over from the previous management company. The evidence will be submitted to Cardinal for review.
· Joe presented a Maintenance Report.
o Joe thanked Tina for her help with the project to improve the hillside plantings and irrigation system above the pool.
o Board approved plans for pool area tree trimming, except for the Palm trees which are done in May.
o Joe will receive a delivery of mulch to be placed on Diamond Point Road and Starlane before application to the hillside above the pool.
o Board approved a plan to add plants to the walkway to the pool.
o Board approved intent to replace the basketball backboard.
o Joe reports the City intends to install the stop signs and crosswalks – as well as handicap curbs – at the corner of Starlight Crest Drive and Starlane by the end of February
o Consideration was given to the following upgrades in 2012
§ the playground equipment at the park at the corner of Starlight Crest Drive and Starlight Mesa Lane
§ the tennis court
§ the tennis court gazebo
§ putting green grass
· It is noted that during the week of January 23, the Board approved the submitted style for a new front door for 308 Starlane.
· The next Board meeting is intended for February 15 at 8pm at the home of Tina Blum
Chari Gilmore, Secretary